Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Power of a Regular Newsletter to Get Gigs


My "day job" gave me a useful reminder of the power of the newsletter in getting your band gigs at new venues this week.

I took a couple of calls from businesses which I've been targeting for several months (one for over a year) via my quarterly newsletter.

Both these people who phoned
acknowledged they'd been receiving my written communications for some time but that it was only now that circumstances had changed for them and they were actively looking for something like I might be able to offer.

Because
they had seen my details regularly and recently mine was the name they chose to contact first...

This same thing has happened a number of times with the newsletter I put together periodically for our band.


Here's a
recent example from this blog

The band
Publicity ideas here should help you come up with some newsletter content if you're stuck for how to keep your name in front of people...

No comments: