Thursday, December 10, 2009

How to Get Gigs using Xmas Cards


Here’s a useful seasonal idea from someone playing more than a dozen corporate gigs a year.

If you don’t play any of these you should know that these kinds of gigs can be BIG money..


Here’s something he says which I’ve never done and which would make a seasonal alternative to the regular newsletter:


“I send a generic Christmas card to all people I've played for and all business contacts."


Personally I’d make those venues you haven’t yet played but which are on your target list a priority.


If you check that post you'll see there’ someone else who answers it saying:


“I send out a Christmas card every year. The difference is my card is personalized, and most years it includes my latest CD".


The CD is quite a neat idea to keep your band in people’s minds if you still don’t have the gig at their venue….

No comments: